Celebrating the New Year is always exciting as you get to reflect on the past year, usher it on out (if it has been a doozy), and start off the next year with a blank slate and lots of possibilities. Get your friends and family in the spirit with this easy New Year’s Gift.
I always love giving gifts in the form of a gift baskets when possibly because it is fun to let people explore what is in their baskets. A modern day treasure hunt with lots of squeals of delights at the end.
Steps to Make Your New Year’s Gift Basket
(Disclosure: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you click one of the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission that will help support this blog. Thanks so much. )
1. Pick out a useful container for your gift. In this case, I chose a fabric storage basket. Once the gift contents have been removed and enjoyed, the storage bin can be used to hold whatever your gift recipients like around the house. Another gift basket container to consider is a large ice bucket.
2. Fill the storage bin or other container with tissue paper and some silver or gold ball ornaments. The lucky person or people receiving your New Year’s gift can then use the ornaments in a New Year’s centerpiece.
3. Next, start adding all the fun goodies into your New Year’s Gift Basket such as Champagne glasses (plastic or glass), silver or gold party plates, chocolate, and New Year’s hat or headpieces .
More New Year’s Gift Additions
4. Put in some mints (in case of the New Year’s Kiss) and the absolutely necessary noise makers.
5. And to light up the night, a flameless candle (or several) and glow sticks .
6. Cut up some confetti using some colored construction paper, wrapping paper, ribbon, or other colorful materials.
7. Drop in a jar of confetti (Mason Jars or other glass containers great for this because they can be reused) and some Lavender lotion for a little after celebration care.
Your friends and family will love this New Year’s Gift.
For more New Year’s ideas, check out: