Taking online craft classes does’t have to be about just learning a new hobby. These 14 classes provide you with training in skills that can benefit you financially.
Cooking Skills-Online Craft Classes
(Disclosure: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you click one of the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission that will help support this blog. Thanks so much. )
Complete Knife Skills-Efficiently and safely using kitchen knifes can not only save you time but good money in ways such as :
- Reducing the need to buy prepackaged fruits and vegetables at much higher price points than buying the produce whole. When you feel comfortable and confident with your kitchen cutting tools, you can make quick work of the slicing and dicing.
- Making it much less intimidating to buy whole cuts of meats and then taking them home to cut. And you won’t be paying steep price premiums that pre-sliced portions often command.
- Helping you avoid injuries commonly associated with improper knife handling.
25 Essential Grilling Techniques-Keep yourself from getting bored in the kitchen, by taking it outdoors. You’ll save by:
- Avoiding pricey steakhouse and other restaurant visits. Why go out when you can whip up delicious grilled dishes yourself.
Vegetable Know-How–Your complete guide to preparing vegetables lots of different ways. Make your body and your budget happy by:
- Mastering blanching, braising, caramelizing, glazing, grilling, steaming, stir-frying and more.
The Wilton Method®: Baking Basics-Why spend a big chunk of money on a store bought or bakery cake when you can make your own.
One-Pot Cooking-Avoid the pricey take out or a pile of dishes to clean by mastering the art of one pot cooking.
Cook Smarter: Solutions For Weeknight Meals-Pantry-stocking tips, meal planning strategy, shopping tricks, and leftovers transformations that will keep the going out to eat temptation at bay.
Gardening Skills-Online Craft Classes
How To Grow Anything: Food Gardening For Everyone-Growing your own food can add up to tremendous money savings by:
- Being able to eat fresh from the garden rather than produce that has been picked days ago. Saving you the transportation and grocery stocking costs.
- Giving you the ability to keep fresh herbs at your fingertips to enhance your meals.
- Allowing you to garden in even the smallest spaces.
How to Grow Anything: Make Your Trees & Shrubs Thrive-Get the maximum life out of your landscaping and enhance the curb appeal of your home. Less money spent to replace plants that don’t make it year to year and greater value if you go to sell your place.
Sewing And Knitting Skills-Online Craft Classes
Sew Confident: Essential Techniques For Beginners-Knowing how to sew saves you expensive trips to the seamstress or tailor. Conserve your cash by:
- Extending the life of your clothes with simple patches, button replacement, etc…
- Installing zippers, creating seams, and taking in clothes that are too large or too long.
Fashion Sewing & Serging Techniques-Tips for elevating your skills beyond pattern instructions to sew wonderful seam finishes, hems, facings, darts and more. A professional look without the professional cost.
Sewing Custom Curtains & Draperies-The price of store bought curtains can be absolutely outrageous. Master the drapery making skill and you can save yourself big bucks on your window coverings. Better yet, you can probably build yourself a nice little side business making them for other people.
Start Up Library: Knitting-A great class that will give you the easy-to-follow instruction that you need to get knitting. No more need to buy scarves, caps, and warm socks. Make them yourself.
And you can expand your skills into sweater making, boot cuff creation, baby blanket making, and so much more.
- Offering you another opportunity to develop a skill that can bring you added side income on a flexible schedule.
Other Online Craft Classes To Consider
Why spend money on hiring a photographer to capture Christmas Card photos, special occasions, and more when you can do it yourself.
Basics of Digital Photography–Get the most out of your digital camera with step-by-step guidance from a well-known instructor.
Mobile Photography:Perfect Photos in Your Pocket–The title pretty much sums it up. Make the cellphone that you carry around with you everyday into a awesome photo taking machine.
For more Money Saving Tips: