On the hunt for cheap craft supplies? Want to get creative without going broke. Check out these 5 Great Places to Find Cheap Craft Supplies.
(Disclosure: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you click one of the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission that will help support this blog. Thanks so much.)
This store offers a wide selection of cheap craft supplies. I have found that many of the supplies work well for craft projects, with just a few not worth the savings.
Products worth picking up include accent stones and marbles, decorative mesh, foam craft ballls and sheets, oasis floral arrangement blocks and embellishments, glitter, metal wreath rings, pens, pom poms, raffia, ribbons, sidewalk chalk, storage boxes, tempura paint, vases and watercolor sets.
This mega craft store certainly offers a wide selection of craft supplies. Key to scoring good prices on the items that you need is timing and taking advantage of some simple money saving tools.
- Periodically, especially right after major holidays, peruse the clearance sections of the store. They may be scattered throughout the store.
- Keep the weekly 40% off coupon at the ready. I find pulling it up on my phone before checkout to be the simplest way to go. The coupon is good on most regularly priced items excluding Cricuit®, snacks, gum and candy, gift cards, custom orders, rentals, class fees, labor and items labeled “Your Price”. Exclusions may change over time so always check the small print.
- Learn the discount cycles of Hobby Lobby. The Krazy Coupon Lady offers good sales cycle visuals to get you started. You may also wish to sign up for Hobby Lobby’s e-mail newsletter. Keep an eye on your local store to see if you find additional savings opportunities.
- Hobby Lobby price matches with competitors in the case of exact same product with price clearly spelled out. Check out the FAQ section of their site to see what products are exclude and what type of sales void this offer.
- According to Hip2Save and The Krazy Coupon Lady, in many cases when an item’s percentage off is less than the 40% coupon, you can can ask for the item to be rung up at full cost and use the larger discount coupon. I have not tried this myself, but worth exploring.
Another good option for scoring quality, cheap craft supplies using savvy shopping techniques.
- Dive into the clearance sections and grab bag areas to see if you can find what you need.
- Unlike Hobby Lobby, Michaels generally honors competitors coupons including Hobby Lobby’s. They also offer some fantastic coupons of their own which you can print or text to yourself from the website.
- Sign up for Michaels Rewards Program for exclusive coupons, member events, and early sales heads ups.
The online giant offers countless craft supplies. The key is to price compare with what you find locally and consider grouping your purchases.
- Many purchases over $25 qualify for free shipping.
- If you are already an Amazon Prime member or sign up for an Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial, you get no additional cost 2-Day shipping to your front door.
- You will find that some some craft supplies listings have coupon offers attached to them. Yes, Amazon does have coupons available with some products.
- Hop over to Camel Camel Camel to view a multi-year price history of a product on Amazon to see its highs and lows. Also, you can set a price watch that will notify you by e-mail when a product price drops below a target level.
A mainstay for many vacation bible schools and summer camps. Find cheap bulk craft supplies available to order online in categories ranging from jewelry making and beading to yarn and needle arts.
- Check out the clearance section for a range of craft items offered at significant discounts.
- Hop over to coupon sites such as RetailMeNot and Coupon Cabin to snag coupon codes to use on Oriental Trading.
General Finding Cheap Craft Supplies Tips
- Keep your eyes peeled for deals during Back to School suppliy sales starting in late July and running through the end of September. Rock bottom prices combined with extra coupons can add up to tremendous savings. Think items such as glue, colored pencils, crayons, scissors, construction paper, and markers.
- Looking for craft supply bargains immediately following major holidays works well. You can stock up for next year or pick up craft supplies that you can use anytime.
Fortunately, lots of great opportunities to save on craft supplies exist. A little savvy shopping can do wonders to keep costs low.
For more Craft-Related Ideas: