Springtime! The great reward for surviving winter. Take advantage of all that the season has to offer with these 37 Frugal Spring Activities for the Whole Family.
Frugal Spring Activities A-F
1. Attend An Arts Festival-Events showcasing artwork and other handicrafts are plentiful this time of year. Best of all many are free or low cost to attend and frequently held at beautiful outdoor locations.
2. Bird And Butterfly Watch-I always know that spring is here when I hear the sweet sound of the birds chirping and see the butterflies landing on newly emerged blooms. Simply sitting and watching the bird and butterfly world go by is one of the best frugal spring activities of all.
If action is more your style, why not work with the kiddos to build and decorate a bird feeder to put out for your feathered friends to enjoy. Or prep a patch of ground and plants seeds for a butterfly garden.
3. Blow Bubbles And Chase Them-Pick up ready made bubble blowing mixture at a dollar store or make your own for hours of fun. Try out some twists on the traditional bubble festivities with bouncing and giant bubbles.
4. Check Out A Car Show-As soon as some nicer weather shows, the classic cruisers take to parking lots and festival venues everywhere. Enjoy spending some time admiring the lovingly, and sometimes quite creatively, restored vehicles.
5. Cheer On The Team At A Minor League Baseball Game-If you have a minor league team in easy driving distance from you, the tickets sure are cheaper than for attending a major league game.
6. Create Tissue Paper And Fabric Flowers-While Mother Nature is working on growing some stunning blooms of her own, why not whip up your own beauties. Requiring a bare minimum of supplies, this craft is tailor made for even the most basic of artistic skill levels. Cori at Hey Let’s Make Stuff offers a simple tutorial on how to make tissue paper flowers four ways.
7. Dye And Decorate Easter Eggs-Let your creativity be the guide. The ways to decorate eggs are endless.
8. Enjoy A Picnic-Spring is the perfect time to pack up some sandwiches, grab a blanket, and head to the park for some outdoor dining. The insect and heat level are much more tolerable than in the summer.
9. Escape The Everyday and Go Camping-One of the most outdoor-friendly frugal spring activities that there is. A quick Google search will help you find budget-friendly camping sites near you.
10. Experiment Using Spring STEM Activities-From building toothpick structures using jelly beans as the connectors to growing crystals on a string, the ways to have fun while learning are numerous.
11. Fire Up The Grill-Make sure things are shipshape and then throw some spring veggies such as asparagus and mushrooms on the grill.
12. Fishing-Enjoy a little quality time seeking the perfect catch. Just be sure to have the appropriate licenses. Also, check out TakeMeFishing.Org’s Guide to Free Fishing Days 2018 . This guide shows you a listing of free fishing days in every state. Other countries may offer something similar.
13. Fly A Kit-The winds of spring are perfect for launching a kite skyward.
Frugal Spring Activities G-P
14. Gardening-Work alongside the kiddos to plant a vegetable or butterfly garden. In the months to come you can enjoy watching it grow and transform.
15. Geocaching And Letterboxing-One has been around for hundreds of years while the other is a more recent addition enabled by technology. Learn more about both.
16. Get The Bug Crafts On-Make those caterpillars, grasshoppers, lady bugs, spiders, worms, and more out of beads, paper plates, pipe cleaners, and yarn.
17. Give Back-Spring it forward. Help out an elderly neighbor with a yard project, make small flower bouquets for a nursing home, or simply send a kind note to a friend or family member.
18. Go Cruising-Roll down the windows, open the sunroof, or put down the top (if your lucky enough to have a convertible) and take a nice leisurely drive.
19. Head To A Playground With The Kids-Let them swing, slide, and climb until their hearts are content and their bodies weary.
20. Hike-Get up close with nature and see where the path leads you.
21. Host An Easter Egg Hunt-Nothing is quite as fun as seeing the kids run back and forth with glee trying to find those elusive eggs.
22. Make Suncatchers-Hang them in your own home or give them as gifts.
23. Play Tennis, Golf, or Other Outdoor Sport-Or if you are not currently familiar with a sport, take a few lessons.
24. Put On An Outdoor Scavenger Hunt-Send participants out to spot certain color flowers, a clover patch, a butterfly, an ant, a puddle, a dandelion, a bird’s nest, etc..
25. Read Book About Spring With the Kids-The public library staff can easily guide you to a range of options.
26. Rollerblade Or Rollerskate-It is best if you find a relatively flat, low traffic area if you are going to do this outdoors.
Frugal Spring Activities S-W
27. Sit Under A Tree And Just Relax-Enough said.
28. Stargaze-Spring is the perfect time for gazing up at the night sky. The One-Minute Astronomer offers lots of helpful information about what you will see in the Northern Hemisphere this time of year.
29. Stomp Around In Rain Puddles-Great for kids of ALL ages.
30. Take Advantage of Free Museum Days- Many museums offers periodic free entry days. Contact them to find out about upcoming dates.
31. Take Part In An Earth Day Celebration And/Or Make Earth Day Crafts-Celebrate the Earth and all that it offers us.
32. Throw A Frisbee-If you get real adventurous, try out a Frisbee golf course.
33. Tote The Pup To A Dog Park-Let your four-legged friend have a little frolicking fun in the sun.
34. Tour A Garden or Attend A Garden Show-Enjoy the riot of color.
35. Visit a National Park-In the United Sates, the National Park Service and the National Park Foundation join for National Park Week It is April 21 through 29th in 2018. Special events will include National Junior Ranger Day on April 21st and National Park Rx Day on April 29th.
36. Watch The Sun Set-All the gorgeous colors of spring aren’t just in the sky.
37. Wear Green On St. Patrick’s Day -Avoid the pinch and make some green eggs and ham, as well.
This list of frugal spring activities is sure to keep the whole family entertained and keep spending in check.
Before you go, don’t forget to grab your Free Printable of these 37 Great Frugal Spring Activities.
This is great! I’m going to pin it and then save it to post to my FB page later. I know my frugal audience will appreciate this.
I pinned this to keep for later. Thanks for the ideas!
You are so welcome! Thanks for pinning.