(Updated July 2018)
Amazon Prime Day is back. Now in its fourth year, this day plus of deals, continues to grow in popularity. With each passing year, deal offerings have gotten sweeter and more varied. Check out these 3 Ways to get the most out of these “Black Friday/Thanksgiving Week” type deals during Amazon Prime Day in July.
(Disclosure: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you click one of the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission that will help support this blog. Thanks so much.)
First, the Amazon Prime Day Facts for 2018
- Prime Day runs from Monday, July 16th 3 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) until the end of the day on Tuesday, July 17th.
- You must have a Prime Membership or get a 30 Day Free Trial to take advantage of the deals. Perfect time to use that trial offer if not already a member.
- Having the Amazon App is key! You can get a preview of some juicy Prime Day deals a week ahead of time using the Amazon app for Apple or Android. Also, by tapping on some Prime Day deals and app features within the Amazon app, you can get an extra $5 off of selected products for Prime Day.
- This year, Amazon has added the opportunity to enter a number of random giveaways as a prime member. These giveaways include products such as Galaxy S9 phones, laptop computers, diamond jewelry, etc… In most cases, you just have to watch 30 seconds of a video to receive your free entry.
Ways To Save Big During Amazon Prime Day
1. Special offers are available leading up to Prime Day this year, especially on Amazon devices and services. More deals roll out each day so keep your eyes peeled. Examples of these offers include:
Echo Show – Black-Price reduced from $229 to $129 through Prime Day. Echo Show is Alexa with video powers. See music lyrics, weather forecasts, Amazon video content, and make video calls to family and friends with Echo devices or the Alexa app.
Low Price Popular Movie Rental $1.99 for many of the hottest movies.
Also, take advantage of: (Just click on the banners to learn more).
All your favorites tunes for a great low price.
Choice from over a million Kindle ebooks.
Get everything from grocery staples to nutrition and wellness products shipped straight to your front door.
**Please remember to always read to the fine print of deals before you sign up and be aware of deadlines for cancelling trials if you wish to do so before automatic renewal.**
2. You can add upcoming Prime Deals that you like to a list on the Amazon app and be notified by the app when they go on sale. No more sitting in front of the computer watching and waiting. Also, this handy app will save you time and the temptation to impulse buy.
3. Use Camel, Camel, Camel to look at the price history of items on your list. This site offers easy search by URL or product keyword to see a price history on your desired items. You will learn what are Amazon bargain prices for the products. Also, it is wise to use a search tool such as Google Shopping to see what prices other retailers are selling those items for.
By using the 3 Amazon Prime Day shopping tips above, you can get the items that you need at prices that keep your budget on track.
For more Savings Tips:
12 Sites With Great Budget Travel Tips
We’ve never taken advantage of Amazon Prime Day, but now you’ve definitely got me interested. I can’t wait to check out Camel, Camel, Camel. What valuable information that must be! Thanks so much for sharing at the #happynowlinkup