Want to celebrate the big milestone of a high school or college graduation in budget-friendly style? These 9 Awesome Graduation Party Ideas will help you do just that.
(Disclosure: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you click one of the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission that will help support this blog. Thanks so much. )
*Fun note: The images are clickable.
1. Cinco De Mayo-Bring on the guacamole, chips and dips, and enchiladas. Or put together a “make your own” taco bar. Include a photo booth with props and some festive music to dance to. Then the fun begins and keeps on going.
2. Game Night-Crack out the board and yard games and let the friendly competition get underway. Games such as 5 Second Rule – Just Spit it Out!, Codenames, and Spikeball are fast-paced and entertaining. Add in a smorgasbord of game night appetizers for game playing fuel.
3. Glow in the Dark-Everything looks better with a little neon tint. Grab some glow necklaces/bracelets, bounce balls, and glasses for goodies bags. Hop on Pinterest for glowing activity inspiration such as glow stick bowling and black light dancing.
4. Movie Night-Turn the backyard or living room into a sit-in-theater. Grab blankets, bean bags, and whatever other cushions that you have handy for seating. Set up an ice cream sundae/candy bar and pass around the popcorn. Watch a good flick or two and just enjoy each others company and “chillin out”.
5. Travel Time-Have a favorite travel destination or place that you have always dreamed of visiting? Center your graduation party decorations and activities around that location. Some examples include:
- Hawaii-Why not throw a luau.
- Paris-Some mini Eiffel Tower embellishments and French food fare are sure to be a hit.
- Beach-Why not have a good old seafood boil and a jamming nautical theme.
- Italy-Amp up the pasta bar and fake gondola rides.
- New Orleans-Let the good times roll with a Mardi Gras party. Check out 16 Things To Put In Mardi Gras Gift Baskets for decoration and favor ideas.
6. Disco Party-Host a throwback party to musically groovy decades gone by. Encourage graduates to dress the part and include their dancing shoes. And, of course, make sure that there is a mirrored ball somewhere.
7. Barbecue Bash-Great theme for a large group, especially. Have a buffet line with barbecue, beans, potato salad, slaw, cobbler, banana pudding and all the accompaniments. Checkered table clothes, some horseshoes, and a ring toss or two are all you really need.
8. Midnight Breakfast-A fun way to cap off graduation. Welcome a new day as a graduate with a delicious meal and good company. Churches sometimes host these types of parties for graduating high schoolers and then let them grab some shut eye there after the meal. That way the new graduates are not out on the road late at night.
9. Service It Forward Party-Celebrate the blessing of graduation by gathering friends/family and serving others in the community for a day.
- Build a wheelchair ramp for someone who needs one.
- Plant trees in a park or on a school campus (With prior permission, of course).
- Walk dogs and help with maintenance needs at an animal shelter
- Load food boxes at your regional Food Bank.
- Hold a car wash to benefit a charity.
- Organize a trash clean up day in your community.
- Make cards or small gifts for residents of a nursing home to let them know that they are being thought of.
- Make care packages for the homeless (toothbrush, toothpaste, chapstick, hand wipes, etc..) and give them to a local charity to distribute.
- And the list of possibilities goes on and on….
For more graduation tips in addition to these 9 Graduation Party Ideas: