In college now? Take full advantage of any chance that you have to save money.
Luckily, a ton of stores, venues, and service providers will give you price breaks with a student id. Dive right into these 7 Fantastic Places to Find Student Discounts on everything from food to transportation.
1. Your College or University’s Website-Many schools publish lists on their sites of available student discounts. Links to technology companies who provide significant student savings on the price of computers, tablets, printers, and multiple accessories are especially popular.
2. Deal Aggregator Sites-These websites bring together savings offers from across the Net and make them easily searchable. A reputable site that I recommend is RetailMeNot. Using the company’s quick search tool, I found student discounts from companies such as Allstate, AMC Theaters, AT&T, Banana Republic, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Eastern Mountain Sports, Geico, H & M, Sally Beauty, ShoeBuy, T-Mobile, Vineyard Vines, and Waffle House.
3. Blogs-Several fellow bloggers have spent a great deal of time putting together substantial lists of companies that offer student discounts. Use all the great information that they have worked hard to gather for you to reap the savings.
I encourage you to check out The Simple Dollar’s article 60 Awesome Student Discounts and Lifehacker’s Use These Student Discounts To Save On Everything You Need For College.
4. Join To Save Sites-These sites require registration to take advantage of deals and cash back offers. Sites that I recommend checking out include ID.me, Studentrate, and UNiDAYS, The UNiDAYS site, especially, posts savings offers from a number of popular fashion brands including Misguided, Reef, Roxy, Quicksilver, Tobi, UGG, Under Armour and many more.
5. Local Publications-Campus newspapers and entertainment magazines can be great places to find information about student discounts. These publications often contain tear out coupons and online codes to use at businesses near colleges and universities. Look for these publications in stands at the student union or strategically placed at businesses near campus.
6. Ticket Offices-Don’t forget to pay attention to student discounts that are available at many arts centers, museums, and outdoor recreation facilities.
7. Ask, Ask, Ask-Do not see a student discount advertised? Be sure and check with any business that you frequent to see if any discounts are available. Some businesses only let you know about special savings if you specifically inquire.
Also, be sure and ask friends and acquaintances about student discounts that they may be familiar with. You may find deals via word of mouth that you might not have otherwise.
Use these 7 Sources For Student Discounts and you will be on the road to racking up the savings.
For more Savings Advice:
5 Tips To Save Money On Workout Clothes
25 Awesome Part-Time Jobs For College Students