5 Gallon Buckets are such handy and budget-friendly items to to own. They have so many practical uses including these clever fifteen.
1. Wash Clothes and Gear-My husband had a 5 Gallon Bucket out the other day washing off the mud guard of the tent that he had recently taken on a camping trip. All the dirt that went to the bottom of the bucket during washing was easily rinsed out with a garden hose when he was done.
2. Car Cleaning Bucket-Speaking of cleaning, a 5 Gallon Bucket is great for washing the car. Just fill the bucket with soapy water and off you go. No need to leave the water running the whole time your washing.
3. Pot for Plants-Drill a hole in the bottom and cover with some permeable landscape fabric before filling with potting soil.
4. Emergency Supply Storage Kit-Keep items such as a first aid kit, personal hygiene goodies (i.e.toothbrush, soap), a weather radio, hand warmers, a flashlight, and ready to open and eat foods in the bucket with the lid securely fastened.
5. Water Carrier-An easy way to transport water from one place to another.
6. Seats-With a little dressing up, the buckets make for good campground, classroom, garden tending, and playroom seating. Good example can be found at Pepperminting and Find It Make It Love It.
- Art Supplies
- Baseballs, Softballs, Tennis Balls
- Bird Seed
- Christmas Lights
- Dog or Cat Food
- Extension Cords
- Fishing Supplies
- Food-For dry goods such as beans, flour, pasta, rice, and sugar. Make sure that your containers are food friendly and air tight before stowing away.
- Garden Gear
- Gift Wrap
- Laundry Detergent
- Tools-A tool belt fastened around the outside of the 5 Gallon Bucket will provide additional storage.
8. DIY Composter-Why pay big money for a compost bin, when you can make your own. Check out these easy-to-follow instructions from Bargain Babe.
9. Bucket Light-Directions for making lighting for a low cost at Instructables.
10. Camping Toilet–A Thrifty Mom shows you how a pool noodle and a 5 gallon bucket make a handy potty.
11. Fishing Trap-This tutorial at Instructables will show you how.
12. Chicken Feeder
13. Mixing Tub-Great size for mixing up grout, quick set cement, and other construction and renovation project essentials (per Bob Vila).
14. Collect Rainwater-A mini rain barrel of sorts.
15. Gather Produce-Great bucket for putting apples, citrus fruit, and more in when picking.
For more Savings Ideas:
[…] 15 Smart Uses For 5 Gallon Buckets […]