Fair food with its heavenly smells and delightful tastes, nothing is quite like it! Rather than waiting for the fair to come around once a year, now you can make your favorites anytime with these 20 Decadent DIY Fair Food Finds.
Homemade Funnel Cakes-Check out how to make this doughy plate of deliciousness at Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Foolproof Candy Apples-A quintessential fair food from Kristan at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.
Fried Apple Rings-If you like your apples on the crispier side, give these Fried Apple Rings from Aimee and Ellen at Like Mother Like Daughter a try.
Easy Homemade Mini Corn Dogs-Kelly from Just a Taste® shows you how to quickly fry up this state fair favorite at home.
Blooming Onion Bites-From corn dogs and fried apple rings to blooming onions, fairs and fried food definitely go hand in hand. Have a look at Holly’s taste version of blooming onion bites with dipping sauce from Spend With Pennies.
Chocolate-Covered Bacon-One of the best things about carnivals and fairs is discovering delicious additions to already mouth watering food. Hop on over to Raining Hot Coupons and take a look at Sarah’s dressed up bacon.
Walking Tacos-Talk about the ultimate portable meal. Courtney shows you how it whip up this dish over at NeighborFood.
Pretzel Dogs-Marina at Let The Baking Begin offers another easy, on the go eat to sink your teeth into.
Crockpot Sausage and Peppers-Don’t miss this simple assembly sandwich stuffed with flavor goodness from Amy at Funny is Family.
Other delectable fair food to try include:
- Caveman Pops (aka Roasted Turkey Legs)-A lovely feast for the eyes and stomach from The Pioneer Woman.
- Fried Mac & Cheese–Can’t go wrong with this awesome eat from CincyShopper.com.
- German Soft Pretzel Sticks-Dip these pretzel sticks from Gather for Bread in some mustard and you are set.
- Grilled Steak Kabobs-What’s a fair without awesome food on a stick? Give these kabobs from Life in the Lofthouse a go.
- Wisconsin Cheese Curds-This version from Bitz & Giggles is a dairy lovers’ delight.
- Deep Fried Apple Pie Bites-Pop these bites from Beyond Frosting into your mouth and enjoy.
- Deep Fried Oreos–Heaven on a plate for many people from Lil’ Luna.
- Elephant Ears–This delicious fried dough does indeed resemble an elephant’s ear. Check out A Worthy Read’s yummy version.
- Fried Ice Cream-Hot and cold converge with Overtime Cook’s recipe.
- Fried Peaches and Cream-I say two helpings please of this scrumptious dish from Our Best Bites.
- Kettle Corn-And no fair feast would be complete without some kettle corn like this from How Does She?.
For More Good Eats:
79 Fun, Delicious Camping Recipes
Bekki@a better way to homeschool says
My mouth is watering… bookmarking for later:).
Omgosh, I love fair food! This is an awesome round up! Can’t wait to try that chocolate covered bacon! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing food finds with us at Merry Monday this week!
Yes, the chocolate covered bacon is a real treat isn’t it.