Fair food with its heavenly smells and delightful tastes, nothing is quite like it! Rather than waiting for the fair to come around once a year, now you can make your favorites anytime with these 20 Decadent DIY Fair Food Finds.
Homemade Funnel Cakes-Check out how to make this doughy plate of deliciousness at Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Foolproof Candy Apples-A quintessential fair food from Kristan at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.
Fried Apple Rings-If you like your apples on the crispier side, give these Fried Apple Rings from Aimee and Ellen at Like Mother Like Daughter a try.
Easy Homemade Mini Corn Dogs-Kelly from Just a Taste® shows you how to quickly fry up this state fair favorite at home.
Blooming Onion Bites-From corn dogs and fried apple rings to blooming onions, fairs and fried food definitely go hand in hand. Have a look at Holly’s taste version of blooming onion bites with dipping sauce from Spend With Pennies.
Chocolate-Covered Bacon-One of the best things about carnivals and fairs is discovering delicious additions to already mouth watering food. Hop on over to Raining Hot Coupons and take a look at Sarah’s dressed up bacon.
Walking Tacos-Talk about the ultimate portable meal. Courtney shows you how it whip up this dish over at NeighborFood.
Pretzel Dogs-Marina at Let The Baking Begin offers another easy, on the go eat to sink your teeth into.
Crockpot Sausage and Peppers-Don’t miss this simple assembly sandwich stuffed with flavor goodness from Amy at Funny is Family.
Other delectable fair food to try include:
- Caveman Pops (aka Roasted Turkey Legs)-A lovely feast for the eyes and stomach from The Pioneer Woman.
- Fried Mac & Cheese–Can’t go wrong with this awesome eat from CincyShopper.com.
- German Soft Pretzel Sticks-Dip these pretzel sticks from Gather for Bread in some mustard and you are set.
- Grilled Steak Kabobs-What’s a fair without awesome food on a stick? Give these kabobs from Life in the Lofthouse a go.
- Wisconsin Cheese Curds-This version from Bitz & Giggles is a dairy lovers’ delight.
- Deep Fried Apple Pie Bites-Pop these bites from Beyond Frosting into your mouth and enjoy.
- Deep Fried Oreos–Heaven on a plate for many people from Lil’ Luna.
- Elephant Ears–This delicious fried dough does indeed resemble an elephant’s ear. Check out A Worthy Read’s yummy version.
- Fried Ice Cream-Hot and cold converge with Overtime Cook’s recipe.
- Fried Peaches and Cream-I say two helpings please of this scrumptious dish from Our Best Bites.
- Kettle Corn-And no fair feast would be complete without some kettle corn like this from How Does She?.
For More Good Eats: