New Year’s Eve is always such a fun time to celebrate the coming of the next year and all the promise that it holds. After holiday spending earlier in the month, it is a great time to use 10 Simple Saving Tips to Keep Costs Low for Your New Year’s Eve Party.
1. Take discarded wrapping paper from opened Christmas gifts to cut up into confetti for a celebratory toss.
2. Get all your guests in on the food prep with a potluck appetizer party. Ramp up the fun by having a contest for the most creative appetizer, the spiciest appetizer, the best of show (voted on by your guests), and more. Pick up some stocking stuffers on clearance right after Christmas to use as prizes.
3. For food that you need to purchase for your party, look for items that are on Christmas clearance to build your menu around. Great options include cheese (especially cheese balls), Christmas candy and cookies, citrus fruit, crackers, ham, hot chocolate, nuts such as pecans and walnuts, pre-prepared pies, turkey and sparkling grape juice. Beef up your clearance savings by using any coupons that may be available through reputable sites such as Coupons.com and SmartSource.com, as well as, store coupons.
5. Let Christmas decorations double as New Year’s Eve Party decorations. Shimmery silver and gold are very in this year and work perfectly for a party to ring in the New Year. Look for shatterproof Christmas tree balls, glitter snowflake ornaments, mirror ball ornaments, tinsel garland and more on clearance right before and right after Christmas. Also, the dollar stores may have some suitable décor and certainly will have fake crystal serving pieces and cheap martini glasses if you need them.
6. Clear and white LED Christmas lights will be a great complement to your silver or gold décor. These lights will also be on clearance right before or after Christmas. At hobby retailers such as Hobby Lobby and Michael’s you may find great discounts earlier in December.
7. Get the kids involved in putting together homemade New Year’s Eve decorations. You will find some great ideas from many bloggers on my New Year’s Party Pinterest board. Also, you can find lots of free printables to incorporate in your décor by doing a quick Google or Pinterest search.
8. Dress to impress for way, way less by shopping the holiday apparel clearance sales leading up to New Year’s Eve. There are sure to be shimmery dresses, sweaters, and sparkly shoes on sale at deep discounts that will work great for New Year’s Eve party attire.
9. Consider serving mocktails to cut down on beverage costs or for kid-friendly parties. If you opt to serve alcoholic beverages, make your refreshments stretch further by serving drinks that are part spritzer or fruit/vegetable juice. (It goes without saying, don’t let your guests drive home inebriated. Call them a cab, having a sober driver take them home, or lend them your couch for the night if needed.)
10. Check out YouTube for free New Year’s Eve party music mixes that you can stream using your mobile device through a portable stereo speaker. If you don’t own a portable mobile compatible speaker, it is very possible that a friend does.
For more end of the year fun and savings: