Fall is a great time to grab some off-season travel deals if your schedule allows. Your bank account will appreciate the savings over peak season travel.
- The Caribbean-Whether you visit via a cruise ship or airline, great fall discounts are available in this region. Cruise lines reduce fare prices and offer additional incentives such onboard spending credits, room upgrades, and free internet.
- Europe-Discounted airfare and hotel rates can be snagged for travel to various parts of Europe in the fall. Though not quite the bargain basement prices of the low season (winter), the deals are still nothing to sneeze at. Consider destinations such as England, Ireland, Spain, and The Netherlands.
- Las Vegas-It’s autumn and your luck is just right. You will hit the savings jackpot in Sin City this time of year. And as an added bonus, more moderate temperatures will allow you to enjoy some of the region’s outdoor attractions. Just avoid the big holiday weekends and Halloween as traffic temporarily spikes, as well as, rates.
- Orlando-With so many families tied down with school schedules including lots of fall activities, it is a great time to visit the multitude of attractions in this area. Especially look into attractions such as LEGOLAND, SeaWorld, Universal Studio and Walt Disney World for fall savings packages.
- U.S. Ski Resorts-Fall serves as the pre-ski season. Many resorts offer great discounts on rooms to boost their occupancy rates. Enjoy a hike, fall festival, leaf viewing tour, and more without having to fight the crowds.
- U.S. Beaches-When the kids head back to school, the beach traffic drops off significantly. Fall is a wonderful time for a beach vacation because temperatures tend to be fairly pleasant and accommodation and dining deals can be found by the fistfuls.
Here are good sites to use in your search for fall off-season travel deals.
- Expedia (This site offers pricing information for flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises and vacation packages.)
- Hotels.com (Hotel deals and package deals with flights are available here.)
- KAYAK (Here you can compare various travel sites at once. Also, set up a price alert to notify you of flight prices changes so that you can book at best prices.)
- Priceline.com (Pay set travel prices on specific locations or name your own prices to try for better pricing.)
- TripAdvisor (You can book your trip, as well as, get review information from other travelers.)