Since its origins, duct tape has been one of the most versatile and useful products on the planet. It is truly amazing all the varieties and uses for duct tape today. Definitely, dollar for dollar, a great investment. Check out these 20 Handy Uses for Duct Tape.
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, we may receive a commission that helps support the blog.)
1. Catch Flies-Why pay for a fly trap when you can use a piece of duct tape to do the job (Reader’s Digest)?
2. Create Crafts-Check out this adorable Duck Tape Purse below from Strawberry Shortcake at Confessions of a Home Schooler’s YouTube Channel.
I love that Scented Duct Tape is now available such as Duck Brand Scents Duct Tape, Bubble Gum. Think of all the cool crafts that you can do with that.
3. Fix Hole in Window Screen or Screen Door
4. Hold Down Electric and Other Cords So People Do Not Trip On
5. Hold Shoes Together– You can use the Printed Duct Tape, Galaxy to make a fashion statement while keeping your shoes in one piece.
6. Keep the Furniture from Scratching the Flooring-Just put some tape on the bottom of the legs of chairs, couches, tables, etc.. and this will help your floors from getting marred (Popular Mechanics).
8. Make a Prom Dress-It is truly amazing the complexity of some of the dresses. Just type “duct tape prom dresses” into the search box for Google Images and enjoy all the awesome designs.
9. Mark a Path or Hallway at Night– Glow in the dark duct tape is good for the job.
10. Patch a Tent-Out on the trail and your tent springs a leak. No problem! Just cover the hole with a strip of duct tape.
11. Patch Cracked Glass for a Temporary Hold
12. Put Kids’ Names on Their Toys, Clothes, etc…-Perfect for when they head off to camp, daycare, or a slumber party.
13. Put Together an Emergency Bandage or Splint When Not Near Medical Help
14. Repair a Hole in a Bean Bag
15. Repair a Book Cover-Amazing how quickly paperback novel pages seem to separate from the spine.
16. Show Your School Pride-Add it to banners, your tailgating equipment, etc.. The College and NFL Duck Tape is available for more than 70 schools and teams including University of Michigan College Logo Tape for example.
17. Tape a Broken Window-Can hold the insects and creepy crawlies at bay until you can get the window repaired (Backdoor Survival).
18. Tape Spare Keys to Things-Inside of a filing cabinet, to the underside of some furniture, etc.. Always be aware that taping spare keys to things outdoors in unsecured areas of your property can be a safety risk.
19. Temporarily Fix Plumbing-Although not a permanent solution, duct tape can take care of that slow drip until you can fix the pipe or have the plumber come to the rescue.
20. Temporarily Hem Pants (Reader’s Digest)
Do you have clever ways that you use duct tape? I would love to hear about them through the comment section below.
For more uses of household items: