When I started using WordPress, I knew next to nothing about working with this blogging tool. I discovered many of its features through trial and error (more error than anything). Over time and weary from my own continuous falling into potholes, I learned that there are people out in blogging land who really do know there stuff when it comes to the wild, WordPress world. Here are 5 fellow bloggers whose WordPress advice is well worth checking out.
1. WPBeginner-This site may indicate it is for beginners, but I find the tips here to be helpful for bloggers at all stages of WordPress use except the highly advanced. Content on the site is easily searchable and advice is offered on a wide range of topics. Love the glossary that familiarizes you with WordPress terms. Check out these great examples of articles from the site:
How to Test Your WordPress Theme Against Latest Standards
12 WordPress Search Plugins to Improve Your Site Search
How to Disable Automatic Updates in WordPress
2. Amy Lynn Andrews-With lots of smarts and a knack for explaining things, Amy Lynn’s WordPress Basics, Design, Mechanics, and Plug Ins posts are chock full of great intel that won’t take you a computer science degree to decipher. Be sure to check out:
How to Get More Post Formatting Options
How to Access Your File Manager
How to Add Something to Your Feed’s Footer
3. Blondish.Net-Along with her other super intriguing posts about blogging, search engine optimization, social media, and web design, Nile posts an article two or three times a month specifically about WordPress topics. Enjoy exploring her site and don’t miss her articles such as:
How to Get Support for Your WordPress Site
What is WordCamp?
What to Do When a WordPress Plugin Breaks Your Site?
4. Lorelle on WP-Lorelle has more than a decade of experience with WordPress and her posts reflect it. She offers advice for all levels of expertise, from beginner to pro in an easy to navigate format. Have a look at:
WordPress School: All the HTML You Need to Know
What Does WordPress, iThemes, Goodwill, Home Depot and Target Have in Common? Your Identity and Security.
Prove It: What Makes You Trust a Website?
5. WP Kube-A team of folks contribute lots of good content to this site. Find detailed tutorials, news and plugin recommendations all in one place. The Beginners Guide articles are particularly helpful for bloggers new to or considering WordPress. You won’t want to miss:
How to Improve the Speed of Your WordPress Site—The Ultimate Guide
How to Scan Your WordPress Site for Malware and Threats
WordPress Categories & Tags: Are They Actually Necessary and How Should You Use Them?
With the help of these five experts, your learning curve with WordPress is sure to be a lot shorter and a lot less painful than mine has been. Know of experts that you would add to the list. Please leave a comment below.
For more website/blogging tips:
7 Great Sources for Blogging Advice
Thanks for mentioning my site. 🙂 I now blog at least 5 days out of the week, and sometimes twice in a day. So there will be a lot more WordPress topics that I’ll be covering.
I always hope my site helps. If you ever have any topics that you’d like to see cover, don’t hesitate to let me know.
This is a great list… I’m familiar with all of them. 🙂
I loved featuring your site because your advice on all fronts blogging rocks. I will do my best to keep sending traffic your way.
Good advice, nice post. I will pin it (here: pinterest.com/twopluscute/blogging-tips-tricks ) because one never knows when they will need savvy experts to help with their blog issues.
I better be prepared. 🙂
Great post! I also pinned it as “must read” blogging info, thank you!
Thanks so much. Love the upcycled baby skirt to toddler skirt. Nifty idea.
Our Home Of Many Blessings says
Oh my gosh,I have alot of reading to do.Thanks for posting!
I am so glad there are resources available to help us in this blogging journey. Sending some Pinterest love back your way.
Pamela Smith says
Thanks so much for posting this! I am new to blogging and need all the help I can get! I am pinning and will be checking these out. Again, thanks!!
Hope this information is very helpful for you. Sending some Pinterest love your way.
Great list! I just started blogging in April, so articles like this are so helpful! Pinning this to my blogging board on pinterest so that I can go through this list and visit these sites over the next few weeks! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Great to have you in the blogging world. Sending some Pinterest and G+ love your way and look forward to seeing more of your work.
Melanie Redd says
Thanks for all of the great WP helps/experts. There are times when I really need an answer. These will come in very handy~
I came over on the Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. Appreciate you and your site.
Melanie, thanks so much for hopping over. Sending Pinterest love your way. Absolutely love your Feeling Shaken Post. What a wonderful analogy with the concrete fasteners.
Great list! I didn’t know about the last three. Thank you for sharing this post on Creative Spark!
So glad to share resources. Hopped on over and sending some G+ love your way.
Thanks so much for joining this month Hobnob Welcome! I love this post! I am pining it to my Blog Tips & Tricks board! New follower!
Thanks so much for pinning 5 Savvy WordPress Experts Who Make Blogger’s Life Easier to your Blog Tips & Tricks board. Appreciate you greatly!
Silly Me! I am already a follower! Sorry about that! I love that post though! Shared!
Great list! I love reading tips on blogging and using WordPress. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Merry Monday link party. Hope to see you again next week. Sharing your post on Twitter!
Thanks so much for sharing the post of Twitter. One of the things I do love most about blogging (and can sometimes be overwhelming) is learning new thing about blogging all the time. Thanks so much for hosting Merry Monday.
Thank you, this is very helpful. I do a lot of my own work on my blog even though I’m clueless about a lot of aspects of coding and design. That means I need experts to lead the way for me. Visiting from #SITSSharefest
Your site looks fantastic. You are doing a great job working with it. Thanks so much for hoping over from SITS. Sending Pinterest and G+ love back your way.
DIY Just Cuz says
This is a great list!! Another great resource is Abby @ Just a Girl and her Blog (www.justagirlandherblog.com). She has a great book that has been instrumental to us!!
Thanks for suggestions Abby @Just a Girl and her Blog. Definitely a great site to add to the list. Thanks for hopping by and sending Pinterest love back your way.