***Speaking of powers on Pinterest. Ruth Soukup, the talented blogger behind Elite Blog Academy is offering some great freebies in lead up to Elite Blog Academy opening for only 5 days in early March 2018. I have both the 2018 Blogging Trends eBook and the 120 Awesome Blog Post Ideas Printable and they are packed with great info she is giving away for free.
I got a wild hair the other day and decided it would be interesting to check out bloggers with 100,000 or more followers on Pinterest. These individuals are what I affectionately term the Pinterest Power Bloggers.
I started the search with intentions to just see what kind of niches these individuals blogged in, out of curiosity, but it turns out I got some great blogging insights from this exercise.
1. The Power Bloggers tend to be concentrated in specific areas. I found the bulk of these bloggers had a craft/design focus, a food focus, or a mix of both of the previous with other life tips included (fashion, household and savings tips, parenting). This makes perfect sense in that these niches mirror what tend to be the most popular and pinned topics on Pinterest.
Does this mean that if your blog is not primarily focused on one of these areas that you should give up on Pinterest? No, it just means that you may have to use trial and error to see which of your topics do best on Pinterest. If you have followed all the great tips out there about optimizing your images and descriptions and still are not have luck on Pinterest, it may be time to focus more of your time on alternative social media outlets.
2. Most of these bloggers were early adopters of Pinterest. Their success with this social media avenue clearly shows the power of getting in on the ground floor when using promising social media outlets. Will this early adoption sometimes mean guessing wrong about the future popularity of an outlet. Indeed! Does it mean not to take the change. Absolutely not!
3. Much can be learned from checking out the websites of these Power Pinterest Bloggers. Because they tend to have been in the blogging world for a while, they have a good deal of knowledge. This translates into really well put together websites that are aesthetically pleasing, quick loading, and showcase content really well. I was surprised at how inspired I was looking at these bloggers work.
I figured that you might want to take a look at some of the Power Bloggers that I found. Here are 75 bloggers to check out. Click on the name of the blog to check out the website and Pinterest to be taken directly to their Pinterest profile.
Craftie, Designing Galore
1. Centsational Girl– Pinterest
2. Craftaholics Anoynomous– Pinterest
3. Design.Love.Life– Pinterest
4. Dollar Store Crafts– Pinterest
5. Funky Junky Interiors– Pinterest
6. Hands On As We Grow– Pinterest
7. Kids Activities Blog– Pinterest
8. Living Locurto– Pinterest
9. Mod Podge Rocks– Pinterest
10. Remodelaholic– Pinterest
11. Shanty2Chic– Pinterest
12. Tatertots and Jello– Pinterest
13. The Painted Hive– Pinterest
14. Young House Love– Pinterest
15. Averie Cooks– Pinterest
16. Cinnamon-Spice & Everything Nice– Pinterest
17. Closet Cooking– Pinterest
18. Cooking Classy– Pinterest
19. Fake Ginger– Pinterest
20. Family Fresh Meals– Pinterest
21. Half Baked Harvest– Pinterest
22. iFOODreal– Pinterest
23. Jeanette’s Health Living– Pinterest
24. Jo Cooks– Pinterest
25. Namely Mary– Pinterest
26. Picky Palate– Pinterest
27. Rasa Malaysia– Pinterest
28. Roxanna’s Home Baking– Pinterest
29. Sally’s Baking Addiction– Pinterest
30. The Girl Who Ate Everything– Pinterest
31. The Gracious Pantry– Pinterest
32. The Naptime Chef– Pinterest
33. The Recipe Critic– Pinterest
34. The Vanilla Bean Blog– Pinterest
35. Two Peas & Their Pod– Pinterest
Lots of Life
36. A Cup of Jo– Pinterest
37. Dear Crissy– Pinterest
38. Growing a Jeweled Rose– Pinterest
39. Handmade Charlotte– Pinterest
40. Happy Hooligans– Pinterest
41. How Does She– Pinterest
42. How Wee Learn– Pinterest
43. I Heart Naptime– Pinterest
44. Jojotastic- Pinterest
45. Le Coin de Mel– Pinterest
46. Lil’ Luna– Pinterest
47. Living Well Spending Less– Pinterest
48. Made from Pinterest– Pinterest
49.McCall of the Wild– Pinterest
50. Modern Parents Messy Kids– Pinterest
51. Money Saving Mom– Pinterest
52. No Time for Flashcards– Pinterest
53. Oh Joy! – Pinterest
54. One Good Thing By Jillee– Pinterest
55. 100 Layer Cake– Pinterest
56. Organizing Made Fun– Pinterest
57. Peanut Blossom– Pinterest
58. Princess Pinky Girl– Pinterest
59. Ruffled– Pinterest
60. Setting for Four– Pinterest
61. Simply Stacie– Pinterest
62. Skinny Mom– Pinterest
63. Skinny Ms.- Pinterest
64. Skip to My Lou– Pinterest
65. Somewhat Simple– Pinterest
66. Spend with Pennies– Pinterest
67. The Chaos and The Clutter– Pinterest
68. The Dating Divas– Pinterest
69. The Frugal Girls– Pinterest
70. The House That Lars Built– Pinterest
71. The Idea Room– Pinterest
72. The 36th Avenue– Pinterest
73. The Transatlantic– Pinterest
74. Thirty Handmade Days– Pinterest
75. Tidy Mom– Pinterest
For more insights on blogging:
To Use Hashtags or Not?
1 Thing Certain About Blogging
I love so many of those blogs!! I’ll have to check out a few new ones.
Lots of eye candy with all the beautiful layouts on these blogs. Speaking of blogs, love your color scheme.
Thank you so much!!! I am wanting to change my design up some so looking at what other people have done right now is a big thing for me.
Nicole Engstrom says
What a great idea! I have so much to learn about Pinterest still although I have been an addict for quite some time! Thanks so much for sharing!
Yes, Pinterest is my number one source of traffic. It was so fun to put together this list of Pinterest Power Bloggers. Speaking of Pinterest, sending some Pinterest love back your way.
Kristen @ Musings of an Average Mom says
What a insightful article, I think all bloggers want to have a significant following on Pinterest and it’s always best to use the “power bloggers”
The Pinterest Power Bloggers are really inspiring. Speaking of Pinterest, sending some Pinterest love your way.
Jody @easypeasymom says
Great list! As a new blogger I appreciate all of the tips that I can get! Thanks for sharing!
Visiting from the Skip the Housework Link Party
Always glad to share any helpful information I find along the way. Great to see you at the Skip the Housework Link Party.
I’m still trying to find my way around Pinterest. This list of power players gives me some really good ideas and tips on how I can better use Pinterest to my advantage. Thanks for sharing! I found you over on Share the Wealth Sunday
Thank so much for hopping over from Share the Wealth Sunday. Glad the list of Pinterest Power Players is helpful. Sending some Pinterest love your way.
Jessy @ The Life Jolie says
Thank you for posting this- I know I need to do more with Pinterest but have been so overwhelmed by the entire thing- this is definitely a push in the right direction!
I stopped by from Inspiration Monday.
Glad to share info. that may help. Love the look of your site.
The Gifted Gabber says
It’s so funny how many of those bloggers have long been on my radar through Pinterest! Great list. Thanks for sharing!
Mariet - Practicingnormal says
Thank you for sharing these. I’m really curious on how they manage their Pinterest accounts. There is so many different strategies out there and I try to learn something from each one.
Stopping by from Turn it Up Tuesday.
Great post thanks for linking up! #bloggersbrag
This is really interesting! Thanks for the list of the big pinterest bloggers…will be looking at their boards! I found you at Do Tell Tuesday Link Up!
I had so much fun checking out these bloggers’ boards. Thanks so much for hoping over from Do Tell Tuesday.
Melissa French, The More With Less Mom says
I love Pinterest! Thanks for posting. Hello from Busy Monday.
Me too! I am a big Pinterest fan along with Google +.
Lisa @ Fun Money Mom says
I can’t wait to check some of these out! Great information…thanks for sharing!
Glad to share. Hope you find lots of great intel.
Hi! Visiting form Whimsy Wednesday. Great post! I am always trying to find ways to improve my Pinterest!
The best part of the whole thing was discovering some bloggers I did not know about before.
Hi, Sarah ~ I’m visiting from the Hit Me with Your Best Shot Link Party. I’m always amazed at what I can learn when I sit back and watch or peruse! This is good info, and I’m excited to check out all of these bloggers. Thanks for sharing what you learned!
So neat to see all the different blog designs. Love all your graduation favor idea. Sending some Pinterest love your way.
Aspen Jay says
Oh to have gotten really into Pinterest at the beginning! Thanks for sharing the lessons you learned and all of their links.
Thanks so much for hopping over. Love the look of your site. Sending some Pinterest love your way.
McCall Humes says
Hey! Thanks for the shout out on such a great list. It’s fun to see myself listed among so many bloggers I admire! Looking forward to spending lots more time perusing your site!!
So well desired. You have a beautiful website and such great content. Inspires me to get out and try something. Do believe I want to try those water jet shoes when I go to the beach if they have them there.
Good info! I like that you gave us a large list of blogs that we can follow by example.
So fun finding all these bloggers and checking out their beautiful site designs. Thanks so much for hopping over.
Hannah @ eat, drink and save money says
I’ve got so much to learn from this! Thanks for sharing on Share the Wealth Sunday!
Just look at the site designs of these Pinterest Power Bloggers is fascinating and so helpful. Sending G+ love your way.
Sarah, what a post! I have a lot to digest here.
First, PINNED it!
Second, featuring it next week on Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. You are tied for Most Viewed (no surprise there…like I said, this is a great post.)
See you Tuesday night!
Thanks so much for the upcoming feature. Enjoyed working on this post and learned so much from looking at these Power Bloggers sites. Appreciate you.
Erin @ the-organized-life says
Thanks for putting together this list. I’m sure I’ll have a great time going through and looking into all these great bloggers/pinners.
Really fun to put the list together and learned so much.
Wow this was really informative.. I am actually going ot pin this for later… I feel like I should start a pintereste board for all my pinterest related posts! ha!
Thanks for sharing. Several of these blogs are new to me. Who couldn’t use some new pinners and blogs to follow 😉
Yes, definitely fun to discover other blogs out there. Sending some Pinterest and G+ love back your way.
Wow, so glad I found this today! It’s a great and helpful post. I cannot wait to get settled in and go though the list in detail. Thanks so much for putting this great resource out there!!
Thanks so much for the kind words. Really fun to put this post together.
So glad to provide helpful resources.