The blessed longer, lighter days of summer are nearly here. Just seems like you have so much more day to work with during this time of year. Check out these 20 Ways to Save Money This Summer so that you will have more cash to work with this season, as well.
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, we may receive a commission that helps support the blog. Thank you.)
1. You have hit the jackpot with summer when it comes to being able to buy produce in season for cost savings. At their peak this time of year are bell peppers, blackberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, limes, okra, peaches, peas, tomatoes, watermelon, zucchini, and much more (Fruits and Veggies: More Matters).
2. With many a wedding being held in the summer, you can pick up some real deals on china, cookware, crystal, knife sets, silverware, and small kitchen appliances (Lifehacker).
3. Summer is a great time to pick up bargains on indoor exercise equipment. With people focused on outdoor activities, there are not as many exercise bike and treadmill buyers this time of year. Also, many gyms will offer discounts in the summer to get folks back indoors.
4. Check for 4th of July sales on large appliances such as dryers, refrigerators, stoves, and washing machines. Often, some really nice markdowns can be grabbed at these sales.
5. Leading up to 4th of July and Labor Day, you will find grilling/picnic bargains on items such as charcoal, condiments (ketchup, mayonnaise, and mustard), lighter fluid, marinades, meats, potato salad, etc…
6. Patriotic decorations of all sorts can be picked up for bargain prices right after the 4th of July. At some of the craft stores such as Hobby Lobby and Michael’s you may find the bargains leading up to the holiday.
7. July is a great time to buy suits as all the merchandise left from earlier in the year goes on sale to clear out for the fall-winter season (FreeShipping.org).
8. Late July/Early August heralds the rollout of some fantastic school supplies deals. This is a great time to stock up on office supplies, as well. Binders, combination locks, construction paper, glue, markers, notebooks, pencils, pens, scissors, storage bins, and much more can be found at the best prices of the year.
9. In July and August, look for the clear out of summer fun items such as beach bags, beach chairs, beach towels, flip flops, sunscreen, swimsuits, and sun hats, and vanity sunglasses. Also, you will find deals on outdoor inflatables and play sets.
10. Look for late summer bargains on plug in and battery-operated fans and air conditioning window units.
11. August is a great time to grab a computer bargain. Back-to-school sales really crank up. Don’t forget to grab computer accessories, as well.
In the Garden
13. Summer can mean large water bills if you are not careful. Here are 12 Ways to Conserve Water This Summer and Beyond.
14. Keep your eye out for price reductions on spring/summer planting seed packets as the later part of summer rolls around. You can simply store the seeds for the next growing season. Examples of seeds to stock up on include corn, eggplant, melons, peas, tomato, peppers, and zucchini.
15. Many movies theaters offer free or a $1 children’s movies on weekdays during the summer. Simply check the website of your local theaters to see what deals are available in your area.
16. Do you have a bowling alley near you? If so, be sure and check to see if they are participating in the Kids Bowl Free summer program. Your child could be eligible to some free games of the lanes all summer long.
17. Public libraries are well-known for offering all sorts of free summer programs. From arts and crafts to special speakers, it could be happening at your local library.
18. Keep your ears open for word of free concert series in your area. Many cities have taken to offering these free musical events to provide summer community gatherings and attract visitors.
20. Check with museums and other cultural attractions in your area. Many such entities offer free admission days during the summer to draw in visitors.
Hope that these 20 money saving tips will help you make the most of your summer and your money.
For more money saving tips: