Does the thought of being cooped up in an office all day long give you the chills? Do you long to get paid to spend some time bonding with Mother Nature? Check out these 41 Outdoor Jobs.
- Adventure Guide (Rafting, Hiking, etc..)-Lead groups on a variety of active excursions. Positions available with tour companies, camps and other individual facilities.
- Air Conditioner Technician-Install and service units at both residential and commercial locations. While some part of the jobs will require spending some time indoors, much will be outside.
- Arborist-Hang out with Mother Nature and examine her work.
- Archaeologist-Take advantage of opportunities for on site excavation work.
- Camp Ranger-Need to be a master of some trades and a jack of all. Property oversight and maintenance part ingenuity and part pure sweat.
- Charter Boat Captain-Love and knowledge of the ocean is key.
- Climb Instructor-Outdoor climbing schools offer months of opportunity to get others hooked on outdoor adventures.
- Coast Guard Member-A challenging full time career or opportunity for reserve service for those who meet the rigorous requirements.
- Crop Duster-Aviation skills and quick reflexes are a must in this profession.
- Dog Walker-Get your exercise while the canines get theirs.
- Dock Worker-Depending on the particular job, you may be using a forklift to move freight in and out of trucks, etc… or working on the waterfront.
- Eletrical Linesperson-Experience the outdoors in day, night, and through all of the seasons.
- Farmer-Knowing the land and learning to read Mother Nature is so valuable in this career that helps feed the nation.
Don’t forget to grab your FREE Clickable Directory for great job leads!
- Field Biologist-Lead research and conservation activities, as well as, education others about our natural surroundings.
- Forester-Love to explore the woods? This job may be just right for you.
- Geologist-This career path offers the flexibility to find work in a variety of outdoor settings.
- Golf Pro-In and out all day long you will go in maintaining a course and working with its membership.
- Ground Water Monitoring Technician-Out in the elements you will go to ensure safe aqua.
- Groundskeeper-From estates to golf courses, this physical job will keep you hopping.
- Landscaper-Exercise your creativity, beautifying private and commercial properties.
- Lifeguard-An iconic summer job that may offer year-round employment potential if the facility also has an indoor pool(s).
- Harbor Master-Keep things running smoothly in and outside of marine facilities.
- Highway Maintenance Worker-With hundreds of thousands of miles of pavement out there, the road somewhere always needs repair.
- Oil Rig Crew Person-Onshore and offshore opportunities all around the world pop up.
- Outdoor Educator-Educate people of all ages about the wonders of our world.
- Park Ranger-Help protect and preserve natural resources in designated public parks big and small.
- Pool Installer-Help build those backyard paradises.
- Ropes Course Instructor-Teach people to test their limits through individual and team work on a series of obstacles.
- Shrimper-Play a crucial role in bringing the richness of the sea to the table.
- Ski Instructor-Use your slope skills to keep other people upright and learning to move gracefully on their skis.
- Surveyor-Attention to detail and a keen awareness of the surrounding our needed here.
- Tour Guide-Lead travel groups to nearby or far away destinations.
- Tower Climber-Not for the faint hearted, stay in shape climbing to great heights.
- Train Crew Member-Help keep the trains running on the rails year-round.
- Travel Writer-You never know where your work will take you and that is the beauty of it.
- Utility Locator-Serve as the safety net that points out what is there before they start to dig.
- Wildland Firefighter-Extremely depending, unpredictable work environment that some people thrive on.
- Wildlife Biologist-Monitor and help the creatures of our planet.
- Wind Turbine Technician-Another job for heights junkies with technical skills.
- Valet-Run and gun moving vehicles from place to place for customers.
- Zookeeper-Caretaker of some of the Earth’s magnificent creatures.
Rochelle @ Photo Ramblings says
Being in the outside is the best part about being a photographer. I get to be outside and when its way to hot out I can come in and work.
Best of both worlds, isn’ it. Sending a G+ follow your way.
Misty Nicole Overstreet-Roberts (The Lady Prefers To Save) says
What a great tip! Hello, my name is Misty, from The LadyPrefers2Save at http://theladypreferstosave.com, and I’m one of the new co-hosts for the Merry Monday Linky Party! Thanks for linking up at the Merry Monday’s Linky Party this week. Have an awesome weekend!