I have a patriotic craft for you today that checks off lots of boxes. It is a kid-friendly, inexpensive, easy to make, paper wind whirler.
A few Paper Plates (the non-coated, thin, economical kind)
Red and Blue Markers, Crayons, or Colored Pencils
A Homemade Star Stencil
Piece of yarn or string (red or blue)
1. Cut paper plate starting at outer edge and circling inward towards center as you go. Should be one continuous string of loose circle when finished.
2. Once plate is cut out, measure and mark three inch segments along whole whirler.
3. Find a piece of small star design clip art or draw, and cut out around star.
4. Place star stencil in center of each three inch segment and trace around. Alternate coloring red and blue for each panel leaving white star in the middle. I and a beloved family member colored one side on our whirler, but you may wish to do both sides. Looks just fine either way.
5. Use the hole puncher to place a hole at the top of the whirler and thread a piece of yarn through to tie off and make a loop. Hang from a breezy spot on non-rainy days and enjoy the motion!
For another fun patriotic craft, check out the Patriotic Glow in the Dark Fireworks Decoration.
Kristina & Millie says
Super fun looking craft! I can’t wait to try this with the grandkids! Pinning! 🙂 Please stop by our Snickerdoodle Sunday!
Perfect craft to do with the grandkids. Family friendly.
Jennifer-Mommy Life After PhD says
What a great idea and it looks like the perfect thing for practicing scissor skills over the summer. Thanks for this!
The using for scissor skills practice idea is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing this great use for this craft.
Natasha Rodriguez Mom 2 5321 says
Great idea, my kids will love this idea!
My family thought it was so fun to do together.
This is a perfect cute craft to make with my Girl! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!
Such a fun mother/daughter project.
What a fun and easy craft to do with the kids.Pinned to my Fun with the Kids board. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday.
Thanks so much for pinning and sharing.
How awesome! I think my little one will enjoy doing this! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Many different ages seem to enjoy this craft.
Rachel Kathyg @ onlinesisterhood says
This is such an awesome kids craft! pinned to try….maybe today:) thanks for sharing. found at bacon time linky. Have a wonderful weekend.
So fun to do with the kids.
Cynthia L says
I am not sure what I love more about this! Love the colors and the fact that kids can make it. I also think it is a decoration that kids will be proud to show off! Thanks for linking to the Patriot’s Palooza party!
Thanks so much for hosting the Patriot’s Palooza Party and for the kind words.
Oooohhh I love this! I pinned to try later with my son! Thank so much for sharing this awesome craft with us at Countdown in Style!
Very cute! I haven’t done anything for the fourth of July, but there’s still time! Thanks for sharing this early. I normally see these things the week of and have no itme to prepare. Thanks for linking up with Countdown in Style.
So fun to make and so inexpensive (Which makes them even more fun to make).