If you or a family member is a big grill lover, one of the best ways to save money is to buy grilling tools that will stand up to the test of time. In some cases, this may require a little monetary investment to get the tools that fit the bill.
Here are 6 utensils that you will want to have on hand to make your grilling easier. (Disclosure: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you click one of the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission that will help support this blog. Thanks so much. )
- Grill Brush-Keeping the grill clean between uses is a must for food safety. Many different types of wire brushes are readily available on the market, but take some time to check out reviews to find high quality. Wire bristles coming out of brushes can be a big problem if you happen to get in your food and ingest. Make sure you always inspect your grill for brush bristles after cleaning and before grilling.
- Chimney Starter (For Charcoal Grills)-Excellent for getting charcoal grills up and running in a hurry. A popular, well-rated choice is the Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter.
- Silicone Basting Brush-The silicone brushes hold up well under repeated uses and are easy to clean as you can pop most right in the dishwasher.
- Long Handled Tongs-Turn your meat and veggies without have to stretch your arm over the flames. I have found many OXO tools to be easy to use and store. The OXO Good Grips 16-Inch Locking Tongs are a sturdy choice.
- Long-Handled Spatula-Works great together with the tongs to keep things move around and on and off the grill.
- Stainless Steel Barbecue Skewers-Get a good reusable pair that can be popped in the dishwasher for cleaning again and again.