The demand for health care professionals to fill jobs in the field is tremendous. With steadily aging populations and major reworkings of healthcare delivery systems, the huge need for healthcare providers will continue into the foreseeable future. If you are searching for a job in health care, here are 8 great resources to check out.
- AllHealthCare.com– This web site is part of the Monster.com family and offers not only health care employment listings, but advice, education resources, and news.
- CareerBuilder–Start with a general search by keyword health care and location and narrow down by positions as you see what is available.
- HealthCallings-Job search offered by career title and/or location.
- HealthJobsNationwide.com–Search among one million plus healthcare jobs listings by location or type of position.
- Indeed–This site pulls job listings from both employer web sites and job boards.
- LinkedIn–If you do not already have a profile on this powerful business networking site, set one up. Great place to interact with others in the health care profession and learn about jobs that are not advertised elsewhere.
- State Workforce Web Sites-Individual states, through their versions of Workforce Commissions, have set up job search sites for employment within their states from a variety of entities both government and non-government. The best way to find your state’s online site is to Google the state’s name and jobs. I.E. North Carolina and jobs. Also, you may want to punch your zip code into the American JobCenter search tool to find a bricks and mortar job center near you.
- TravelNursing.com– Want the opportunity to put your nursing skills to work while exploring different places. Travel nursing may be for you.