Spring is the time of year that companies look to hire seasonal summer employees. Seasonal employment can be appealing to job seekers of all ages, but especially high school and college students looking to earn some extra cash and get some on-the-job experience under their belts, as well as, semi-retirees.
Here are 6 places to find summer job listings
- CoolWorks-This website offers listings for seasonal jobs ranging from aquatics directors to wait staff positions. Also, check out the interesting resource section of the site.
- American Camp Association Employment Center–Find all sorts of seasonal job listings for camp positions.
- USAJOBS–Type in seasonal in the keyword section and get listings of all federal seasonal job openings that meet your criteria. This is the federal government’s official jobs announcements site.
- Your City Website’s Employment Section-A number of cities offer seasonal positions to staff aquatic, athletic and other facilities.
- Amusement Park Websites-Most amusement park websites that I looked at offer a job section with contact information for human resources.
- Major Search Engines-As with the USAJOBS site mentioned earlier, type seasonal in the keyword field and a range of job descriptions will pop up. Search engines to give a try include Indeed, SimplyHired, and Monster.com.
Seasonal employment can be a great way to experience something new (possibly check out a new location) and to bring in some income at the same time. A winning combination!