Off-season travel is a great way to hold your travel budget in check. Both prices and crowds are smaller during the offseason at destinations around the world. You just have to be willing to do a little planning ahead to research hours of attractions, weather considerations, and other conditions that may differ in the off-season.
Marriot.com created a neat infographic showing the off-season in various places around the globe. A google search can lead you easily to information about the off-season at your desired destination.
Here are list of travel sites that can help you find the best bargains for the vacation that you have been eyeing.
- Expedia (This site offers pricing information for flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises and vacation packages.)
- Hotels.com (Hotel deals and package deals with flights are available here.)
- KAYAK (Here you can compare various travel sites at once. Also, set up a price alert to notify you of flight prices changes so that you can book at best prices.)
- Priceline.com (Pay set travel prices on specific locations or name your own prices to try for better pricing.)
- TripAdvisor (You can book your trip, as well as, get review information from other travelers.)
Another option to consider is a home exchange. Be sure to check out reviews and feedback from previous customers on any exchange service that you use. One place that you can start looking at some of the types of listings available is HomeExchange.com.
For more money-saving travel advice: