Hi! I am the avocado loving, working mom behind this blog. I love sharing information about ways to earn and save your way to financial freedom.
- By financial freedom, I don’t mean being able to lay on the beach every day without having to do a stitch of work (Although that might be fun to try for a little while). I mean reaching that point where you are not burdened by lots of debt and working all the time just to make ends meet.
- A live lived so that you can put in an honest day’s work, but still have time to enjoy the truly important things like spending time with your friends and family. A live lived so that you have the resources, time and monetary, to help others around you who are struggling. A live lived so that you can put the talent’s and unique gifts that God has given you to best use. Now that’s true freedom!
How I Got Started On This Blogging Journey
During the later part of my husband’s journey to become a college professor, I was the trailing spouse.
- We had to relocate for his job, with me arriving in our new location without a job or many contacts. In my search to figure out the best way to find a job in our new home, I kept running across books and online job search advice that largely applied to major metro areas. I was not at all living in a major population center.
- Growing frustrated with the resources available and knowing that there were many other people out there in my situation, I decided to create my own collection of advice and from that came my first book, Job Searches Beyond the Big Cities. Writing the book and seeing how it helped other who had been struggling with job searches really reignited my passion for writing. I followed my first book with two ebooks, Four-Legged Frugality: The Pet Supplies Easy Savings Guide and Easy Savings Tips for Busy People.
- From my book writing experience, sprang my love of marrying earning and saving tips to provide tools for moving from a “paycheck to paycheck” life to one of financial freedom. And from there came to be Earning and Saving with Sarah Fuller.