Are you like me? When you go cloth shopping with your kids you face frustration. The “average size” clothes are too big or too small for your kiddos. Your young’uns are always in jeopardy of accidentally dropping their drawers or being forced to do contortions to fit into their jeans. If I am speaking your language, adjustable waistbands are an invention that is sure to rank high on your list.
Now, if you just knew where to find reasonably priced versions of these shape shifting clothes. Look no more. Check out these 7 Places to Find Budget-Friendly Adjustable Waist Clothes for Kids.
(Disclosure: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you click one of the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission that will help support this blog. Thanks so much.)
The Top Contenders for Adjustable Waist Clothes
- JcPenney-This store is number one on my list because the adjustable waistband clothes that you find here are almost always of quality, durable construction. The elastic does what it should and the button fasteners do not come flying off with first use. I am particularly fond of the Arizona Brand jeans which the store often runs sales on.
- The Children’s Place-You will find that this retailer carries a pretty wide range of bottoms (jeans, slacks, shorts, and sometimes skirts) with adjustable waist tabs or elasticized waists. Coupons and rewards are generally available from this children’s clothier.
- Sears-I have found adjustable waist uniform pants and shorts for kids here. Because the chain as a whole is on the wain, people often overlook Sears. Don’t make the same mistake. They may not have the biggest selection in the world, but they do offer quality in adjustable apparel.
- Target–This on trend retailer does not offer a substantial amount of adjustable waist clothes for kids, but they do feature drawstrings on many of their pants and shorts. Although, mom and dad may have to help with getting those drawstrings tied just right, this can be a great option for exercise clothes especially.
These 4 chain retailers are my top stops when in search of adjustable waist clothes for kids.
Online and DIY Adjustable Waist Clothes For Kids Sources
When it comes to adjustable waistband clothes, it is generally best to shop where your kids can try on the clothes for overall fit. Sometimes that is simply not possible though. When that is the case, I recommend turning to:
5. Amazon–The online giant carries a limited selection of adjustable waist clothes for kids. And if you have an Amazon Prime Membership or try an Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial, two day shipping is available without cost.
6. Land’s End-You will find a limited selection of adjustable waist bottoms to order. You can count on the quality being excellent and purchases are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
7. At the Business End of the Sewing Machine-If the above options fail and you are particularly skilled with thread and needle, you can sew an adjustable waistband into kids’ pants and shorts (If you have a toddler, try the highly-rated Dapper Snapper instead). Check out Jenn at Frugal Upstate’s tutorial for putting your own Buttonhole Elastic Band in your kids’ clothes.
By knowing where to shop and keeping a DIY solution in your back pocket, your days of frustration in finding adjustable waist clothing for kids are over.
For More Savings Tips: