Amazon Prime Day is back. Now in its third year, this day plus of deals, continues to grow in popularity. With each passing year, deal offerings have gotten sweeter and more varied. Check out these 3 Ways to get the most out of these “Black Friday/Thanksgiving Week” type deals during Amazon Prime Day in July.
(Disclosure: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you click one of the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission that will help support this blog. Thanks so much.)
First, the Amazon Prime Day Facts for 2017
- Prime Day runs from Monday, July 10th 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) until the end of the day on Tuesday, July 11th. Amazon Prime Day has been extended by six hours this year.
- You must have a Prime Membership or get a Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial to take advantage of the deals. Perfect time to use that trial offer if not already a member.
- You can get a preview of what the Prime Day deals are going to be starting on Sunday, July 9th at 9 p.m. EST. Deals will be in categories such as back to school, college, fashion, fitness, kids, pets, outdoors, tech, etc…
- If you have Amazon Alexa-powered device such as an Echo Dot, Fire Tablet or Fire TV Stick and Prime membership or free trial, you can shop prime day deals two hours before the rest of the Prime members starting at 7 p.m. EST on July 10th. Lucky duck!
Ways To Save Big During Amazon Prime Day
1. Special offers are available leading up to Prime Day this year, especially on Amazon devices and services. More deals roll out each day so keep your eyes peeled. These offers include:
Kindle – Up to 40% Off Kindle Unlimited -If you love to read on a Kindle or having been looking to get one (sales during Prime Day), these plans may be right up your alley. You can also gift a subscription.
Prime Video – Get $10 when you stream Prime Video for the first time on your TV–From now until midnight EST on July 7, sign into Amazon Video on your tv and watch a movie or show. Get a $10 credit to use on any item sold and fulfilled by Amazon to spend by 11:59 EST on July 11th.
Get 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99-Valid from now until July 11th at 11:59 EST. Stream over 2 million songs. You can stream to devices ranging from smartphones to your car.
Bookmark amazon.com/primeday to watch for new deals being added each day. **Please remember to always read to the fine print of deals before you sign up and be aware of deadlines for cancelling trials if you wish to do so before automatic renewal.**
2. Your shopping list/wish list on Amazon can be hooked to Amazon’s Mobile App so you will be notified when deals on items on your list are coming up. This handy app will save you time and the temptation to impulse buy if you purchase off of a pre-established list. Check out this quick video that shows you how easy it is to set this up.
3. Use Camel, Camel, Camel to look at the price history of items on your list. This site offers easy search by URL or product keyword to see a price history on your desired items. You will learn what are Amazon bargain prices for the products. Also, it is wise to use a search tool such as Google Shopping to see what prices other retailers are selling those items for.
By using the 3 Amazon Prime Day shopping tips above, you can get the items that you need at prices that keep your budget on track.
For more Savings Tips: