Do you dread those days when crummy weather outside keeps the kiddos stuck inside and going stir crazy? Get your crew involved in these 39 fun, fabulous Snowy and Rainy Day Activities for Kids and the hours will fly by.
1. Build A Fort.
2. Build Something With LEGOs. For ideas, check out 16 Awesome, Frugal LEGO Activities for kids.
3. Construct An Elaborate Indoor Hot Wheels Race Track.
4. Create Homemade Playdough.
5. Decorate A Cardboard Appliance Box or Barrel to make a play structure.
6. Do Some Sewing. Take a look at these 25+ Easy Beginning Sewing Projects from Sweet Rose Studio.
7. Enjoy An Activity Book. Here are 29 Of My Favorites that includes lots of indoor activities for the kids.
8. Enjoy Dancing To Music Or Doing Exercises such as yoga or Pilates.
9. Explore Space Science with these 12 Fascinating Activities.
10. Face Paint for colorful fun.
11. Fake Snowball Fight. Here is an Indoor Snowball Fight Set from Sew Can Do.
12. Get Creative With Some Face Painting.
13. Get Your Glow In The Dark On by putting light sticks in balloons or cracking out some glowing fabric paint and decorating a t-shirt or other clothes.
14. Have An Indoor Picnic.
15. Help The Kids Make a Birdhouse or Toolbox. Some excellent kits are available through the website of a company such as Home Depot.
16. Indoor Bowling with empty water or soda bottles can be loads of fun.
17. Introduce Your Toddlers To Sensory Tubs. Check out Ideas For Every Month from the Nuture Store.
18. Let the Creative Energy Flow with these 99 Paper Plate Crafts. Awesome snowy and rainy day activities for kids.
19. Let the Kids Spend Some Supervised Time On The Web checking out these ten Parenting Magazine recommended Educational Websites For Kids.
20. Make Brownies, Cooking, or Cupcakes together as a family.
21. Make Some Indoor Carnival Games. This Paper Plate Ring Toss From ABCs To ACTs and Laundry Basket Skee Ball from Frugal Fun With Boys And Girls are ideas to get you started.
22. Manufacture Some Slimy Fun with this Galaxy Slime from Twodaloo.
23. Paint With Watercolors Or Acrylic Paint (parent supervised).
24. Pillow Fight.
25. Plant Herbs in small pots to grow on a windowsill.
26. Play a Board Game. Here are 15 Card And Board Games that are budget-friendly and loads of fun.
27. Play Hide And Seek.
28. Put On A Play.
29. Put Together A Makeshift Band with a harmonica, recorder, and/or some pots and pans.
30. Read A Book Aloud Or Listen To A Book On CD.
31. Set Up Tent And Have Campout Indoors.
32. Take A Bubble Bath.
33. Take On An Indoor Scavenger Hunt.
34. Try Out Some of These 33 Bubble And Bubble Wrap Crafts.
35. Use Paper Lunch Sacks To Make Puppets And Put On A Show.
36. Watch A Movie. If you have an Amazon Prime membership, a number of movies are available to you without additional charge.
37. Whip Up Some Hot Chocolate Or Ice Cream Floats (warmer weather).
38. Work On A Puzzle.
39. Write Letters to be mailed to persons serving in the military.
Here is more indoor inspiration in addition to the 39 Snowy and Rainy Day Activities For Kids: