Summer with its longer days and warmer temperatures calls people to get outdoors and explore. It is prime travel season and a popular time to cook out. With all that in mind, here are 40 ideas about things that you can put in summer gift baskets for your friends and family to enjoy. Thank you to my friend Tonya F. for getting my wheels turning on summer gift basket ideas.
(Disclosure: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you click one of the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission that will help support this blog. Thanks so much. )
- Beach Towel
- Flip Flops
- Insulated Cup. I love Tervis Tumblers as they keep drinks cool for hours and don’t leave the dreaded drink rings.
- Summer Scented Candle (Coconut, Lime, Fresh Linen, etc…)
- Spray Mister Bottle
- Pool Float/Pool Noodle
- Swim Goggles
- Bug Spray
- Color Changing Straws
- Drink Mix (Lemonade, Hi-C)
- Travel Pillow. This Travelmate Memory Foam Neck Pillow is just the ticket to comfort.
- Shampoo/Conditioner Bottles such as Kitdine Portable Soft Silicone Travel bottles.
- Luggage Tags. I really like these Luggage Tag Initial PB Travel because they will really stand out on the luggage carousel.
- Lip Balm
- Gardening Gloves
- Trowel/Small Shovel such as the highly rated Fiskars Big Grip Trowel.
- Herb Seeds
- Succulent Plant in Pot
- Water Hose Spray Nozzle.
- Grill Recipes Cookbook. The Barbecue! Bible is a thorough guide with more than 500 recipes.
- BBQing Apron
- Outdoor Table Cloth
- Chip Clips
- Easy to Seal Food Storage Container
- Water Bottle
- Cold Pack
- Paperback Book
- Snacks such as Cracker Jacks
- Classic Twister-A game made for summer if there ever was one.
- Cinema Gift Certficate
- Outdoor Pillow
- Wind Chime
- Popsicle Molds. Check out these popular Popsicle Molds Ice Pop Maker Tupperware.
- Patio Lights
- Yard Art such as this Elegant Garden Design Nuthatch, Steel Silhouette with Rusty Patina.
In addition to the traditional basket, you may want to consider putting your summer gift goodies in an insulated zip up tote like the one pictured, a flower pot, left over Easter basket, sand bucket, or galvanized tub.
For more gift giving ideas: