Ah, kids’ toys! Lots of fun for the little ones, but toy purchases can drain the wallet in a hurry. Here are 7 ways to save money on kids’ toy purchases.
- Keep your eyes peeled for end of season clearance sales. After Christmas, Easter, and the summer months, retail stores often put a variety of toys on sale. Stock up and put them away in a closet somewhere to pull out when you need them for a birthday or other event.
- Check toy manufacturer websites and their accompanying social media outlets such as Facebook for coupon offers. For example, Hasbro offers a rewards program through which you can sign up to receive printable coupons.
- Take a look at several sites that gather online coupon deals from across the Internet. Sites such as Coupon Cabin, DealCatcher, and RetailMeNot are good places to start.
- Make use of online price comparison tools to search for the lowest advertised prices. I often use Google Shopping and PriceGrabber.com.
- Give Ebay a shot.
- Periodically make a quick trip to discounters such as Big Lots and Tuesday Morning. The toy selection is ever changing and does include brand names.
- Make the rounds of some consignment shops. You never know what new or slightly used toy treasures that you might find there.