Dreaming of getting your hands (or gloves) in the dirt in your garden? Of growing those sun-kissed veggies and herbs? Here is a simple three-step plant marker craft to have fun with while you are preparing for planting time.
Jumbo Wooden Craft Sticks, Letter and Plant Design Stencils, and fine tip waterproof paint markers in black and green.
1. Measure the width of your craft stick and find/mark the midpoint. Start your first stencil letter just below this midpoint on the craft stick.
2. Stencil in the letters and a plant design in pencil.
3. Color in the stenciled areas with your paint markers. Go light on the paint at first as there will be some wicking of the paint into the wood. You may have to go back over and retouch the edges. Let dry and you are done!
Other fun, and easy ideas for plant markers include:
- Soda Bottle Tops
- Clothes Pins
- Spoons and other silverware marked by stamping
- Popsicle Sticks
- Paint Stirrers
- Laminated Seed Packets on Sticks
- Wooden Slates
- Bricks (Simple Details)
- Wine Corks (Daily Dose)
- Stones. Check out this fun version from Chickettes Home and Garden Blog.
- Keys. Repurpose those keys that you are no longer using with the help of directions from Favecrafts.
- Plastic Gift Cards. Recycle and reuse plastic gift cards with a little chalkboard paint and ingenuity from Farmhouse38.
While on the subject of gardening, additional articles of interest may be 4 Easy Ways to Save on Gardening Supplies and Repurposing, The Way to Inexpensive, Attractive Yard Art.