According to World Pet Market Trends, global spending on pet supplies is approximately $96 billion. Spending on our furry children can take a real bite out of household budgets if we are not careful. Knowing some pet savings secrets can really help keep the cash outflow in check.
Here are ways to save on pet toys and other pet supplies.
- Match your pet toy choices to your pet’s personality and traits. For example, if your beloved animal is an aggressive chewer, most padded stuffed animals are not good buys. Your pet will have those toys ripped open and flung all over the place in a matter of minutes or hours. Cash down the drain in a hurry.
- Sign up for loyalty programs for toy brands that work for you pet. By signing up on brand websites to be part of their clubs or receive their e-mail newsletters, you generally will receive special offers and news of promotions that the general website surfer will not. Some brands will even ask their loyal patrons to try out new products for them or participate in online focus groups to develop new offerings. Also, do not forget to enroll in loyalty programs at any bricks and mortar stores that you use.
- Check Ebay or other reputable online auction sites for deals. The key here is to stick with reputable sites. You can score some good deals and quickly learn which sellers provide the best service.
- Visit printable and mobile coupon sites. A variety of manufacturers offer pet-related coupons through these sites. Recommended sites include Coupons.com, RedPlum, and SmartSource.com.
- Follow bloggers who focus on pet savings. These individuals specialize in finding and bringing you information about the best pet deals. An excellent blog to check out is Woof Woof Mama.
- Explore pet-focused daily deal sites. These deal sites are similar to Groupon, but focus exclusively on pet savings deals. Sites to consider include Coupaw, Doggyloot, and LeLe Pets.
If you are looking for even more ways to save on your pet, you will want to have a look at Travel with Pets-Finding Pet-Friendly Hotel Deals.